[3830] ARRLDX CW ND0C SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 20 19:25:24 EST 2022

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: MN

  160:    0     0
Total:  422   167  Total Score = 211,422

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

This was fun!  I'm pleased with the score for QRP from the "black
hole", considering my modest antennas. The bands were in pretty good shape
and it was nice to have both 10 and 15 open. Definitely a positive sign for the
future!

10 was especially productive on Saturday, although I never heard continental
Europe. I was able to pick up ZL, VK, KH6, and KL7, plus D4 on 10, in addition
to the usual SA and Caribbean stations.

I got CQd in my face on 80 and 40 quite often.  I consider it a positive sign
when the DX comes back with "???".  I figure I'm at least at noise
level!  Special thanks to 9A1TT and VK1A who were very persistent and hung with
me to complete our QSOs on 40! I did score a few 80 meter QSOs into EU, but
never heard Japan.

As always I appreciate the skills and patience of the DX ops as they pull my
signal out of the QRM.

73,
Randy, ND0C

Yaesu FTdx3000 running 5 watts
Cycle 24 TX38 Yagi at 40 feet and inverted vee with apex at 39 feet