[3830] RTTY Roundup NW6P M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 9 19:56:25 EST 2022

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2022

Call: NW6P
Operator(s): WD6T WX5S NW6P
Station: NW6P

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA

   10:      0
-----------------------
Total:   1237      0  State/Prov = 60  Countries = 44  Total Score = 128,648

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Many thanks to Tom NW6P for hosting us with his wonderful hilltop station, which
 played well.

We decided to do an MS this year, though we were not sure about staffing.  We
managed to cover most of the hours, with WD6T taking the first 12, NW6P doing
some operating late Saturday and early Sunday, and WX5S finishing the contest on
Sunday.

A one-radio MS is certainly a different kettle of fish from SO2R, but we worked
on maximizing rate and mults through call stacking, SO2V, band map, 'available
mults', and bouncing between bands (< than 10/hour!).

Propagation was nothing to write home about: 40m had a few workable-EUs, at
around 2300z, but not much. 40m went very long by 0300z. EU sunrise was a bust
on 40m. EU was workable on 20m from 1600z, an hour later than in recent years.
15m was good to JA in the last hour; too bad they were only 1-pointers and one
mult.

Nice to work many friends and familiar call signs.

73,
Dave, WD6T;  Matt, WX5S; Tom, NW6P