[3830] RTTY Roundup KK6P(W7IV) SO(A) Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 9 21:41:05 EST 2022

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2022

Call: KK6P
Operator(s): W7IV
Station: W7IV

Class: SO(A) Mixed HP
QTH: SB

   80:    105      55
   40:    364     125
   20:    638      77
   15:    348       9
   10:     21       0
-----------------------
Total:   1476     266  State/Prov = 60  Countries = 52  Total Score = 195,104

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

That was a nice uptick for me from last year.  It seems like people lost
interest interest in 40 Saturday night (local,) and in 15 towards the end.  I
was glad to see that the vast majority of DG contacts were on FT4, where the
motto is:  "FT4: Only half as painful as FT8!"

40 RY was getting pretty thin and I have high SWR on my 80m antenna in the high
3500's, so I finally switched over Saturday night to FT4 and worked a bunch.
Meh.

It was good to see the activity, but I missed a lot of very common, simple DX
multipliers like HA, LA, R, UA, and even LU...weird.  Not much out of the
Caribbean or anything else South of Yuma.

All in all, RTTY is my favorite contest mode, and saving the DG for last let me
pay a little closer attention to the Niners' win over LA!

Thanks for all the Q's and see you in NAQP.