[3830] RTTY Roundup W6QU(W8QZA) SO RTTY QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 10 01:56:35 EST 2022

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2022

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: SO RTTY QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA

   10:     6
-----------------------
Total:   105       0  State/Prov = 36  Countries = 7  Total Score = 4,515

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

STATION W8QZA:

Radio: Yaesu FT-817, 5 Watts

Antennas:
  10-15-20 Meters: 3 el Stepp-IR up 32 feet
  40 Meters: 1/4 wave vertical with 3 radials
  40 Meters: DX-LB trap dipole up 30 feet
  80 Meters: Inverted L with 2 radials

This is my first time entering this contest.  My participation was limited
because of "grandpa duties".

I have entered the WPX RTTY and the CQ WWDX RTTY for the past 10 years and
thought this might be the same. However, there seems to be less participation by
DX stations in this one compared to the other two contests. I only had two off
continent Qs.

However, it was a lot of fun because I found it easy to work stations and even
made about 10 Qs by CQing. Usually I have ZERO!

See you in the February WPX RTTY!   73,  Bill  W8QZA - W6QU