[3830] RTTY Roundup WA2BOT SO(A) Dig LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 10 23:50:54 EST 2022

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2022

Call: WA2BOT
Operator(s): WA2BOT
Station: WA2BOT

Class: SO(A) Dig LP
QTH: ME
Operating Time (hrs): 23
Remote Operation

   80:    0        77
   40:    0       184
   20:    0       209
   15:    0        60
   10:    0         0
-----------------------
Total:    0       530  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 41  Total Score = 50,350

2022... This year the contest started off slowly due to a series of technical
challenges. Yes, Murphy was an optimist.

Just like 2021, FT4 dominated my contest QSOs. 69% of all my contest contacts
were made using FT4 with the majority of the QSOs with US/CA stations and a
handful of stations from Europe and Japan. I wish our friends outside of North
America received the memo about looking for QSOs on FT4. For 2023 it would be
appreciated if the ARRL could also suggest a FT4 frequency for each band for the
contest just like they did for FT8. Maybe someone could help get the word out to
everyone who is a part of the RTTY contest community to look for QSOs using
FT4.

So where was everyone? I kept switching bands looking for people and I kept on
seeing the same familiar callsigns.  While I am grateful for the introduction of
this new category in 2021, it would be more fun if there more depth to the
number of unique stations operating FT4/FT8.

This said, it was refreshing to be able to work DX on 3.590, 7.080, 14.130 and
21.130.  Maybe 2023 will be the year we can experience FT4 contest QSOs on 10
meters. I am grateful to everyone I was able to work on at least 3 bands. I hope
next year it will become more common to work the same station on 4 bands.