[3830] NAQP CW N5UM Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 16 00:59:52 EST 2022

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: N5UM
Operator(s): N5UM
Station: N5UM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OK

   10:    5     3
-------------------
Total:  265   121  Total Score = 32,065

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Murphy struck hard.   The IC-7600 failed just after the start of the contest.
Something appears to heating up inside and causing the output to drop to
<20W.  Once it cools down or I power off and turn back on, it goes back to
full power but after about 1 minute of key down into dummy load the power
suddenly drops.  I opened it up and didn't see anything obviously wrong.   I
switched to using my old IC-7410 which I fortunately still have.  It was acting
up too.  So, I was on and off for many short spurts in between trying to figure
out what the heck is going on.   Looks like I'll be calling Icom Service on
Monday.

My ALS-600 amp blew up just after Christmas too (and it's back at Ameritron for
service), so I'm having a run of bad luck with equipment here.   I must have
gotten on Santa's naughty list somehow.

Conditions seemed pretty good during the times I was able to be on.

Hope to be back to full capability soon.

73 - Al N5UM