[3830] NAQP CW N5RZ Single Op Assisted QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 16 01:28:32 EST 2022

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: N5RZ
Operator(s): N5RZ
Station: N5RZ

Class: Single Op Assisted QRP
QTH:

Total:  749   228  Total Score = 170,772

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Austin Soccer

Comments:

Thought I'd try QRP Assisted.  Figured it would be a real slog, but was
surprised at the results.   15M was very good as was 20M.   It was very windy
here today, and about 2200Z the 20M E/W dipole SWR went infinite.  Ugggh.
That is what I tee in with the tribander on 20M and use on 20M when I'm using
the tribander on 15M.  Luckily it waited until 15M was pretty much closed.  So
it goes.

40M produced fairly well, and then when I went to 80M  -  uggggh.   I presume
the wind did something to my 80M inverted vee.  Too dark to see what.   SWR was
high, and it was intermittent.  Bummed since my little 5W signal did well in CWT
the other night on 80M.  I persisted on 80M, and I know my signal was cutting in
and out.   Thanks to all for your patience.    160M was tough, but there are
some good ears out there.

Still did better than I had anticipated, especially on multipliers  -  helped by
some good short skip on 15M and 20M.

Thanks to all for digging me out and for all the QSO's.

73,  Gator

FLEX 6600 at 5 watts
160M inverted vee @ 80'
80M Inverted vee @ 70'