[3830] KRC SST KB4KBS Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 16 20:18:19 EST 2022

                    K1USN Slow Speed Test - Jan 17

Call: KB4KBS
Operator(s): KB4KBS
Station: KB4KBS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 1:00

   40:  25     15
Total:  25     15  Total Score = 375

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

I think the WX finally got one end of my G5RV - it looked a little more slack
than usual when I peeked at it during "The Great Atlanta Blizzard of
'22" this afternoon.  The radio seemed to tune OK, so I wil wait until the
thaw to work on it.  If I sounded a little lest robust than usual, that's where
I'm placing the blame.

One thing I noticed that bothered me - when someone would reply after I gave
them my info, they would send MY name, as in "FB SCOTT..."  I'm not a
a big-time contester, and this isn't a big time contest, but if the purpose is
to train, then please lets figure out how to stop this confusing act.  I'm
straining to hear THEIR name and unless they are also named SCOTT, it really
messes me up.
(this section IS called SOAPBOX, right?)

Thanks for all the Q's, sorry for the bad ears requiring repeats, but I guess
that's what this event is for - to improve operators.

Yaesu FT-450D
100W
MFJ-939 Tuner
MORTTY v.3 Electronic Keyer