[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W2LC SO 3Band LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 16 23:12:22 EST 2022

                    ARRL January VHF Contest - 2022

Call: W2LC
Operator(s): W2LC
Station: W2LC

Class: SO 3Band LP
QTH: WNY

    6:   1     1
    2:   0     0
  222:
  432:   0     0
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:   1     1  Total Score = 1

I was on 2m and I couldn’t hear anything so I checked the coax and antenna,
everything works. I heard  some weak rag chewers on 6m. That was it. If it
wasn’t for local WB2WGH I wouldn’t have worked anyone! Are Ron and I the
last two people on earth who know CW?  Last two in CNY?

Sometimes I consider doing Rover in NNY, you can hit FN14, FN24 and the southern
most tip of FN25 without going into Canada. The state park in FN25 is probably
closed for the winter. Sure glad I didn’t do that! But on second thought, I
could have stopped at Clarkson University for a hockey game, that’s always a
good time. I could have made a snowman, gone ice skating, maybe ski jumping in
Lake Placid, taken a nap.

Aw shucks, I could have made my own snow. Up here it gets so cold if you toss a

glass of water into the air it turns to ice/snow before it hits the ground!
Really that’s true! It needs to be about minus 20 degrees though. Got down to
minus 40 in Watertown a few years ago, that was fun. There is a nice dog store
in Old Forge too, “Wagging the Tail in the ADK” I think it’s called. I
could have gone to a winery, lots of them around here too!  Anything would have
been better that CQing into dead air.

VHF contesting in CNY is officially dead!  I agree with K4XL, how about the ARRL
create an SSB/CW VHF contest? That would be nice!

73 Scott W2LC