[3830] ARRL Jan VHF KX9X SO 3Band LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 17 10:53:47 EST 2022

                    ARRL January VHF Contest - 2022

Call: KX9X
Operator(s): KX9X
Station: KX9X

Class: SO 3Band LP
QTH: IL

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  118    76  Total Score = 10,108

Club: Twin City Amateur Radio Club of Champaign-Urbana, IL

Comments:

Nice to play in a VHF Contest with low power and modest yagis. My new 15-el 70cm
yagi allowed me to pursue to SO3B category for the first time and explore
essentially uncharted territory in my overall VHF/UHF grid totals. I worked 7
brand new grids on 70cm this weekend, including a 360-mile QSO with KF8MY that
occurred with virtually zero enhancement.

We had a nice Es opening to Texas on Saturday afternoon. Sunday saw me setting
on the sidelines while a good opening up and down the Atlantic coast happened. I
got to focus more on 2m and 70cm that way.

While my score won't set any records, I broke my goal of 10,000 points, so I'm
happy. Nice to work several stations on all 3 bands I was active on.

See you in June!