[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K1KG Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 17 11:50:06 EST 2022

                    ARRL January VHF Contest - 2022

Call: K1KG
Operator(s): K1KG
Station: K1KG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN42id
Operating Time (hrs):

  903:   13     7
  1.2:   17     5
  2.3:    8     5
  3.4:    6     5
  5.7:    4     3
  10G:    3     3
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  326    99  Total Score = 62,172

Really cold and dry on Saturday but warmed on Sunday to almost freezing.  No
observed 50 MHz openings here other than occasional meteors.  Line noise was a
problem with the cold and solar collectors and LED lighting in the neighborhood
made weak signal work tough at times.  FT8 seems to be taking over the world of
VHF contesting, probably not for the better in my opinion even though it
accounts for about half my contacts, mostly on 6 and 2.  All it takes is a
couple nearby stations to make the mode almost unusable on the popular
"channels."  I will have to try to be more considerate but that is
where the action is.  On CW and SSB, the receive filters can be effective at
reducing the issue but can't do much when the problem is in the passband.