[3830] ARRL Jan VHF N9TF Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 17 13:57:36 EST 2022

                    ARRL January VHF Contest - 2022

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Clarksville TN

    6:   4     3
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:   4     3  Total Score = 12

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Debated turning in a score with such a small (embarrassing) log, but many
serious contesters over the years have drilled over and over, no log is too
small! So here it is! Sunday operation only.
The 2 hours on is a bit conservative as I would leave the volume up on the rig
so I could hear any possible digital activity while I was doing other things
around the house. I did call CQ often on CW and occasionally on fone when in the
chair, but always came up dry as is the case these days in this contest. All 4
Qs were FT8, and the longest distance Q was to K9US in EM68 at ~175 miles.
Shortest was to TCG member WF7T, Norm here in EM66. Thanks for the contact
Norm!The other two Qs were with Marshall, WD9EXD in EM57 and KB4RSM, also in
EM66 over in Mt. Juliet.
I would see lots of short burst signals from the NE coast or from some DM grids,
decode once or twice, then gone.
>From what I was told by a ham friend (KO9A) back up in EN52, Saturday was the
day to be operating the contest as conditions were similar to a good June VHF
contest for propagation. Lots of E's all day long on 6m and tropos on 2m and
432. NAQP took priority here on Saturday!
Thanks for the Qs!

73 Gene, N9TF