[3830] NAQP CW K4HQK Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 17 18:12:51 EST 2022

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K4HQK
Operator(s): K4HQK
Station: K4HQK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Alexandria, VA

  160:   10     7
   80:   69    28
   40:    0     0
Total:  133    60  Total Score = 7,980

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

With two favorite contests occurring on the same day, I divided my available
time to favor the ARRL VHF competition (Saturday 1400-Sunday 2300). More VHF
time was needed because the number of participants was small, thanks to zero Es
propagation at my FM18 grid. (Other parts of the U.S. did get some N-S and E-W
skip.) Though NAQP lasted Saturday 1300 to Sunday 0100—12 hours in all--I only
put in 1:15 in the afternoon and 1:47 that evening.

I began at 1612 EST on 20 meters in search of western states and provinces, then
after dinner, I turned to 80 and 160 meters to grab some eastern ones. I shut
down at 2200. I never used 40 meters.

I did fairly well given that I was operating S&P for only three hours,
working the following:

	States and D.C.	   41 (missed AK, HI, NV, WY, ND, NE, MO, WI, WV, RI)

	Provinces           5 (missed BC, SK, NS, PE, NL, YT, NT, NU)

	Other N. America    2 (KP4 and ZF)

This was yet another recent contest where Nebraska was inexplicably missing, as
were Missouri, Wisconsin and Rhode Island. I did hear a couple of WV stations
but they were operating S&P.

Most-worked states:

	9	Florida
	8	Minnesota
	7 	Virginia
	6	California, North Carolina, Tennessee

Most-worked provinces:

	6	Ontario
	2	Alberta, Quebec

Band conditions on 20 and 80 meters were quite good, but I found 160 noisy
(atmospheric?) and with few participants.

73 . . . John K4HQK

Station: IC-7410, Cushcraft R6000 vertical, 80m dipole.