[3830] ARRL Jan VHF KF2MR/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 17 18:51:17 EST 2022

                    ARRL January VHF Contest - 2022

Call: KF2MR/R
Operator(s): KF2MR
Station: KF2MR/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: WNY

    6:   54     8
    2:   73     9
  222:   67     9
  432:   57     8
  903:   44     7
  1.2:   45     7
  2.3:   22     5
  3.4:   10     4
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  372    63  Total Score = 62,181

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

Activated FN23, FN22, FN02, FN03, FN12, and FN13. FN23 and FN22 were new
locations for me. No digital or 5/10G this time to ensure I had enough time to
make it to all 6 grids without feeling too rushed or frozen (5/10G is a portable
setup). It was very cold Saturday night (-7F) in FN22, but "warmed up"
to 28F by Sunday afternoon. The winter storm hit an hour after I stopped at my
last grid, forcing me to get home while I could still see the road. The new IF
radio (IC-705) worked well at finding the CW signals.I now feel
"blind" on the other bands that use the IC-7000. This is not the best
January score for me, but I am still satisfied with the results.