[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K1HTV Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 17 19:53:19 EST 2022

                    ARRL January VHF Contest - 2022

Call: K1HTV
Operator(s): K1HTV
Station: K1HTV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs):

  222:    7     2
  432:   13     2
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  349    94  Total Score = 34,686

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A dead rotator, stuck in the northeast direction, on the house bracketed Rohn 25
tower, a really limited picking up grids and QSOs in other directions. A few 6
Meter Es openings on both Saturday and Sunday was a pleasant surprise. Once the
ice started to build up on the antennas early Sunday evening, I called it quits.
Having Mark, K4SO, also running QRO, with 2 miles between us required that we
both transmit in the same FT8 sequence throughout the contest on both 2M and 6M,
which worked well. It was good to see so many new (and old) local Hams and even
a few rovers operating on 146.52, 223.5 and 446 MHz FM.

I'm looking forward to the summer Es season and the ARRL & CQ VHF contests
with fully rotating antennas and the 70cm SSB & Digital setup working
again.

 73,
 Rich - K1HTV