[3830] ARRL Jan VHF N6ZE/R Unlimited Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 17 20:02:30 EST 2022

                    ARRL January VHF Contest - 2022

Call: N6ZE/R
Operator(s): N6ZE
Station: N6ZE

Class: Unlimited Rover LP
QTH: DM04

    6:   54     5
    2:   68     5
  222:   30     5
  432:   39     2
  903:    4     1
  1.2:    2     2
  2.3:    1     1
  3.4:    0     0
  5.7:    1     1
  10G:    0     0
  24G:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  191    22  Total Score = 4,393

Club: VENTURA COUNTY AMATEUR RADIO SOCIETY

Comments:

1. I made use of the new ROVER rule permitting a minimum of 1 grid activated. I
operated from 4 locations within DM04
2. I utilized PHONE only; I heard very few FT-8 (data) stations in the few times
I monitored FT frequencies.
3. Most QSOs made with FT857 (6m/2m/70cm), Kenwood mobile (125cm), handhelds for
33cm & 23cm, WA6EJO H/B for 2.3&5.7GHz. Antenna = whips only for
6m-23cm.
4. 22 QSOs in DM12, including 2m & 125cm handhelds+whip antennae.
5. I operated primarily from DM04qb in Santa Monica Mts & DM04ne Tarantula
Hill in Thousand Oaks, CA
6. Nice to see lots of local activity for this contest.
7. Weather nice! No Snow! NWS forecast 40 mph winds died down early on Saturday
morning & light showers noted a couple of times.