[3830] ARRL Jan VHF KG6BXW/R Limited Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 18 00:39:41 EST 2022

                    ARRL January VHF Contest - 2022

Call: KG6BXW/R
Operator(s): KG6BXW
Station: KG6BXW/R

Class: Limited Rover LP
QTH: SJV

    6:  42      8
    2:  27     10
  222:   2      1
  432:   8      4
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  79     29  Total Score = 2,581

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Started a little late due to some last-minute computer updates. Bought a
fiberglass mast for this contest and MFJ didn't include the quick clamps, so I
had to use hose clamps with some rubber. Built an antenna sled that I used in my
truck for this contest, worked quite well. Began each morning from a couple
spots on Lily Mountain (1600-1930ft).  Activated six grids first time I didn't
head out to CM86. First day drove down to Kettleman City and then to the
Grapevine. Second day was a little more casual, drove down to Chowchilla, then
to Madera, and came back home. Not a lot of people on the air this time around
but was able to get one contact in DN17 on 6m. Just bought a new FT-991a which
was a big upgrade from my FT-100. Ran 100 watts to a moxon on 6m, 25 watts into
a mag mount vertical for 1.25m, 50 watts to an Elk LPDA on 2m/70cm. In June I'm
going to try and run some loops so I can make SSB contacts while driving.