[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W1DYJ SO 3Band LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 18 15:42:24 EST 2022

                    ARRL January VHF Contest - 2022

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SO 3Band LP
QTH: EMA

    6:  27      4
    2:  15      4
  222:
  432:   9      3
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  51     11  Total Score = 660

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

The NAQP-CW took precedence on Saturday, so I didn't get to this
contest until around noon on Sunday.  Then I decided to be a
traditionalist, and stick to CW and SSB.  (I do wonder why the ARRL
sponsors two contests on the same weekend.)

Don't get me wrong: I like FT* for DX and usually have my rig on
in the background in my office searching for new ones.  I just
don't find it fun for contests.  It's too mechanical for me.  I
do enjoy RTTY contests as that requires spinning the big knob.

Of course, this means my score is low.  This is my 25th year
participating, so I am long past looking for a personal best.
I did reply to the ARRL survey about how to improve the VHF
contests, and HOPEFULLY not mess it up from unintended
consequences.  We may see the results of this next year?

Rig:      6m: TS-590SG  |  2m & 432: TS-2000
BIC:      3.25 hours
Antennas: 6M -- HB 7 el at 10M  (ARRL Antenna Book)
          2M -- 12el K1FO at 12M (K1WHS kit)
          70cm -- M^2 440-18 at 11M
Log:      N3FJP's VHF Contest Log Ver. 6.6.1.1

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ