[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W3SO Limited Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jan 20 22:00:38 EST 2022

                    ARRL January VHF Contest - 2022

Call: W3SO
Operator(s): W3XOX W3BTX KC3FSP
Station: W3SO

Class: Limited Multi-Op HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs):

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  392   126  Total Score = 49,392

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Hindered by an east coast snow storm W3SO operated without some of our regular
operators as well as being down 2 bands(hoping for an early spring repair). W3SO
carried on the Marty W3YOZ contest, with Marty watching over our shoulders in
spirit.

The contest was yet another FT8 contest with little to no sideband or Cw.
Although I feel that FT8 has sucked the fun out of the VHF contests, I also
recognize that it is a double edged sword as I reviewed the logs. On one hand we
have the die hard contesters wanting to make rate, on the other hand the log
review revealed that there were many new call signs active in the contest.
Somehow we must both welcome the new FT8 contesters and keep the enthusiasm of
the die hard contesters alive.