[3830] NAQP SSB N3HEE Single Op Assisted LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 23 08:52:02 EST 2022

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N3HEE
Operator(s): N3HEE
Station: N3HEE

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 9:31

Total:  560   157  Total Score = 87,920

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC#1

Comments:

Again, another late start due to family commitments earlier in the afternoon.
Checked 10 meters and found it was dead so I started out on 15 meters just to
mine some mults. Quickly went to 20 meters where I quickly ran out of patience
fighting pileups. I was ready to quit at this point but I know my station is
better on the lower bands so I kept on marching. Note to self, really need to
put up better antlers for 10, 15 and 20 meters. Moved to 40 meters where I
finally started to get some traction towards a respectable score. Managed a
short run on 40 and knocked off a bunch of mults. Moved to 80 meters where
things really took off with a nice sustained run of 230 Q's with two solid hours
of 115 Q's each hour. Spent the rest of the evening switching between 80 and 160
mining mults and Q's that popped up.  Great activity on 160 meters with lots of
mults to be had. SSB contests can be a real slog being a peashooter station !! I
had fun once I hit 80 and 160 meters.

Flex 6600M/100W and single end fed half wave wire antenna.