[3830] NAQP SSB K8MR Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 23 09:34:24 EST 2022

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WCF

   10:    6     2
-------------------
Total:  309   124  Total Score = 38,316

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: SHEILA MEMORIAL - 2

Comments:

SSB contests from the "Condo Superstation" - K3 & 80M OCF @ 35 ft
+/- plus a 160 L with two quarter wave radials - are never expected to be great,
and expectations were met.

I did find a couple cracks in the band and with help from cluster spots had some
good but brief (10 minute) runs. Otherwise a lot of S&P which means waiting
until all the louder stations worked the guy. 160 was surprisingly good - I have
a very high noise level on that band, and Florida is a long way away from most.

But at least I wasn't using my off times to shovel snow :-)

73 - Jim  K8MR