[3830] NAQP SSB N8II Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 23 12:00:31 EST 2022

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 9:53

   10:    8     5
-------------------
Total: 1378   193  Total Score = 265,954

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

The assisted category has increased spotting which gives ops from rarer states
more of an advantage; you got what you asked for, don't blame me. Luckily,
sorting out a pile up is much easier than the craziness on CW with everyone
nearly zero beat. My mult was low, a combination of poorer than hoped for high
band conditions and runs that didn't seem to stop. I never have come close to so
many NAQP QSO's, average 138/hr. I made 200 Q's at 21Z on 40M and a few times
the run ran dry, 171 in 24Z hr on 20/80, and 179 in 01Z hr on 80.

10M was not very giving, never found VA nearby and only worked WA and CA in 19Z
hour. 15 was S&P or no rate, some loud signals but only one TX, very long
skip zone. Steve, KL7SB was loud on 15 at 2050Z. 20 was worse than NAQP CW for
sure, much more difficult to work stations in the skip zone on backscatter and
few FL/Gulf Coast stations. There was after dark 20M magic again from TX to the
West Coast (no 0's except CO) at 23/24Z. I had very clear frequencies for the
most part for 40/80M runs which really helped. Noise on 160 limited my Rx
ability. N9RV called me there without luck. 160 activity was not the greatest
and range to 5's/0's and beyond was limited, very few 7's, no CA.

Many thanks for the calls and spots; this is my best rate average ever in a
contest. Next year 10 should be solid to 5/6/7's and 15 and 20M much better.

73, Jeff