[3830] NAQP SSB W4LT(@W4DUG) Single Op Assisted LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 23 12:26:36 EST 2022

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W4LT
Operator(s): W4LT
Station: W4DUG

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5
Remote Operation

  160:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  748   139  Total Score = 103,972

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: SHEILA MEMORIAL - 2

Comments:

Rig: Flex 6400/Maestro Remote via Internet
Ant: C31XR @ 108 ft / EF240X @ 118ft / Carolina Windom Sloper @ 90/20 ft

Soapbox: Part time effort this year.  Operated from my wife's home office as my
shack is still a mess after moving back into the house after the remodel. Decent
condx, lots of "casual contest" activity in this one.

What's with setting up on "even number" frequencies?  This seems to be
happening more and more on SSB. I was told by a caller when I was on 40 meters
that I was "off frequency" when operating on 7.147.480, where I was
between two other stations.  I hear more and more of these comments... I also
have callers calling me on the even frequency above or below where I am.  Glad
to have RIT... Seriously: Have we become channelized like CB or Repeaters? When
did this become a thing?

Thanks for all the points and fun.  And a big thank you to the Tampa ARC folks
for letting me hog the remote radio all Saturday night to do this contest.

73

Lu W4LT (for this contest, I spell my name L-O-U.  Why? because a lot of people
dont copy what I send. Maybe I'll change to L-U-I-S next time just to see how
many people trust the History File!)