[3830] NAQP SSB WA3AER Single Op Assisted LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 23 12:52:45 EST 2022

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: WA3AER
Operator(s): WA3AER
Station: WA3AER

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: Maryland

   15:   11     8
Total:  312    90  Total Score = 28,080

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Off to a bit of a late start due to volunteer activity. Found a few 15M contacts
then moved to 20M until break for dinner. Did manage to get in a 30 minute 20M
run just before the break. Possibly arrived on 40M a bit late (2240Z) because
the activity was beginning to wane and paths seemed to be going long. No 40M run
production; S&P was it. Dropped down to 80M (0100Z) and had much better
success even with my low, loaded dipole (amazing). After a bit of S&P, went
to running, first toward the low end of the band and then at the upper. Both
were decently productive and garnered most of the 80M contacts.

Spots were more in evidence this time but were still on the sparse side. When I
went looking for stations, if I had already worked them and there was not spot,
I put one out. You can do that even if Unassisted, folks.

I had initially thought I would e happy to make 200 Qs, but when things were
going nicely on 80M, I just kept BIC until I tired and called it a night just
after 0400Z. Last contact was W1AW.

73, tnx for all the Qs!
---
Ted   WA3AER