[3830] NAQP SSB K6NR Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 23 15:10:02 EST 2022

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K6NR
Operator(s): K6NR
Station: K6NR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ca
Operating Time (hrs): 5
Remote Operation

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  183    92  Total Score = 16,836

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Nothing like a phone contest to remind me why I like CW - especially
one operated remotely.  I spent a lot of time fiddling with N1MM and
my voice setup.

In the past I used K3 voice memories when I did phone but my K4
didn't have those until very recently.  I couldn't get Writelog
to work with sound files (although I'm sure it can) so I gave N1MM
a try.  Got my messages all ready before the contest.

I'm using REMAUD for audio and finally wired a PTT circuit on the
client side which makes voice operation a lot easier.  Everything
was going well until I got reports the live audio turned into
scratching sounds, no voice.   After a bunch of experimentation,
turned out shutting down the REMAUD server and restarting it solved
the problem.  Receive audio just stopped a few times in the contest,
had to restart REMAUD client then.

Conditions were interesting, nil on 10 but 15 and 20 were good.
Later in the evening 40 seemed strangely dead, but calling CQ
resulted in a couple of very strong IL QSOs.  I've never heard
40 like that.  Working 80 and 160 phone with a 100 watts is
always interesting, quite a few back east couldn't hear me.

At any rate, had fun, thanks for the QSOs.   Dana