[3830] NAQP SSB N6DW Single Op Assisted LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 23 17:02:57 EST 2022

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N6DW
Operator(s): N6DW
Station: N6DW

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: VA

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  349   115  Total Score = 40,135

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Conditions here were . . . unruly. According to the spectrum scope, it was time
to pull out the paddles and call clear, because it was a total flatline. 15 m
was better but not a lot.  I could S&P with marginal results.  But I got
called out for a family errand and took me away just as I was having some luck.
20m was ok at the start but the band started going long, and I wasn't hearing
much this side of the west coast.  I decided it was time to find a place on 40,
and the signals were not too strong and often fluttery, like things were
happening in the propagation department.  I took a break after making a S&P
run up the band. When I came back, it started going long as well, and the
pileups were daunting, so I checked out 80m.  80m was so good, I rarely looked
back.  I found frequencies to run.  I did switch to 160m and later 40m to add to
the multipliers, but it was hard to stay away from 80 too long.