[3830] NAQP SSB KD7HU Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 23 17:23:19 EST 2022

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: KD7HU
Operator(s): KD7HU
Station: KD7HU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MT

Total:  347    82  Total Score = 28,454

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Team:

Comments:

Station: FTDX101MP 100W  Dipoles/Vertical

Only a limited time available for this contest.  Had a very good run on 15m in
which I was able to work the entire East Coast .....including the mythical place
known as   Rhode Island which I had previously been convinced was next to
Atlantis.  On 15m there is a lot of frequency space to spread out in, which
helped.  The biggest surprise was the ability to run stations on 40 and 20.  Of
course being a less common multiplier helps.  I could always tell when I had
been spotted because I suddenly had a pile up appear out of nowhere. While my
real nick name is "Charlie"  ( my father was "Chuck") I
switched to the Chuck as my contest name and had only a lot less requests for
name repeats which was a great help. That will a lot easier in CW contests as
well. There are many contacts that would have not been possible without the
great receiving capabilities of the FTDX101.  Love that rig.