[3830] CQ160 CW N1LN Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 30 08:38:42 EST 2022

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: NC

Total:  QSOs = 1272  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 55  Total Score = 512,772

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Another fun Top Band contest but mid-way it looked like night 2 was not going to
happen.

Running Single-OP I always plan on staying up for EU sunrise on Friday/Saturday
and then get back up for South Pacific / JA.  Fortunately EU finally started
coming in over the QRN and made for a great night, ending with 191 ten point Qs
in the log. Looking like it could be a new personal best as Single-OP.

Saturday morning, well - NOTHING NEW.  Nothing except for a very sick HVAC
system. Instead of taking a nap I called for emergency repair and went under the
house to start the diagnosis. The short story is it was patched together by
about 13:00 local time and off to bed for a couple hours sleep. Looks like a new
system is in our future!

Saturday night was nothing like Friday. Only a few EU Qs in the log by about
0400 UTC so off to bed. I got up early Sunday morning and was THRILLED to have a
warm house as the outside temp was 14 deg. Not cold for the north, but cold for
North Carolina!

Sunday morning I was rewarded with a few new mults including KL7, ZL4, and JA.
Signals were weak but better than Saturday night!  The 10 point Qs finished at
209 with 84 5 pointers in the log!

When done the Q total was over 200 down from last year, so no personal Single Op
record this year!

Thanks for the fun and Qs.

73,
Bruce N1LN