[3830] CQ160 CW K5PI(@W5KFT) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 30 10:03:46 EST 2022

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K5PI
Operator(s): K5PI
Station: W5KFT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 22:03

Total:  QSOs = 958  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 27  Total Score = 198,744

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Things started out pretty well, but then the band really thinned out after about
0600Z.  In that 6Z hour, I worked a grand total of 18 stations.  In the next
hour, I worked a whopping 6 stations, because I made a number of sweeps across
the EU spots.  I could only hear three or four -- 9A0BB, GW5B, and G4AMT are the
ones I recall.  I managed to get one in the log but no other EU.  I couldn't
make enough happen to stay awake, so I went to bed at 7Z, an hour or so before
the sun was fully up in the UK.

I came back at 11Z and worked a handful of stateside guys, but sunrise wasn't
much better for DX.  There were only a few JA big gun spots, and I could barely
hear them.  I believe I worked four right around our sunrise.

Saturday night was slow, but stateside conditions were pretty good.  I made
quite a few sweeps for EU stations and would find one or two each time   A far
cry from last year when I worked 70 ten-point stations in a row.

I had to leave ear make a two hour drive home to attend a social event, so I
slept in Sunday morning.