[3830] CQ160 CW VE3VN Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 30 16:31:59 EST 2022

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: VE3VN
Operator(s): VE3VN
Station: VE3VN

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH:

Total:  QSOs = 863  State/Prov = 60  Countries = 51  Total Score = 541,569

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

DX conditions were especially poor the second evening, and that meant the rate
rapidly dwindled. Endless CQs delivered contacts but it was too boring to hold
my interest. That left everyone jumping on the spots of late arrivals, all at
the same time.

I took even more breaks and finally quit for good at 0330Z the second evening.
This is a great contest but not for the full contest period as a single op. At
least not for me. I salute those who kept at it.

I had hoped to get my new Beverage controller finished in time but it's still a
mess of wires and switches and half-written software. Constantly riding the
knobs and switches of the "temporary" controller was unpleasant, and I
was often slow to home in on weak callers. The new controller will probably be
finished in time for the end of the 160 season.