[3830] CQ160 CW W4PK Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 30 17:46:12 EST 2022

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 9:06

Total:  QSOs = 475  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 28  Total Score = 100,230

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Recent wet and heavy snow storm took down a lot of limbs and branches which took
all of my four bi-directional Beverages down.  So Friday I spent all day with a
chainsaw to free the NE/SW and the NW/SE Beverages to at least to the point
where I was able o reconnect them.  However, neither one would receive in their
reverse directions, leaving only Europe (most important) and NW to Asia (not as
important).  However, I could still hear the Caribbean stations pretty well but
not South America so much.

As usual I was hearing the Europeans better than they were hearing me.  Friday
night I never did get anyone to hear me!  Saturday night was better in that I
was able to work about half of the ones I was able to hear.

In one case I was listening to a European station when a U. S. station started
calling CQ about 200Hz away!  When I called the European station he immediately
responded to my call as well as the U. S. station!  So I was able to log both
stations with one call!

Propagation to Asia was poor, the only station I could hear was RM0F but he was
not hearing me or a lot more stations from the Eastern part of the country.  The
furthest west I was able to work was KH6.

As usual I do apologize for occasionally fat-fingering my keyboard.  But I did
have fun and that is hat it is all about!

73, Sam W4PK