[3830] CQ160 CW WD8DSB Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 30 18:42:13 EST 2022

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: WD8DSB
Operator(s): WD8DSB
Station: WD8DSB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 21:17

Total:  QSOs = 802  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 10  Total Score = 120,315

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

It was my radios 42nd Birthday on Saturday (no joke) and while it's impossible
to compete with modern radios, she gave me all she had.  Hopefully when the dust
settles this will be an all-time high score for me in the CQWW-160 CW contest.

First night pretty good conditions from Midwest US into the UK approaching their
sunrise, but second night conditions were very poor and I heard no European
stations.  Also signals from out West were not great the first night, and even
worse the second night.

Transceiver: Kenwood TS-180s with 500 Hz IF filter, and Hi-Per-Mite active audio
filter (200 Hz bandwidth).

TX Antenna: 68 foot base loaded vertical wire hanging straight down from a very
tall Sycamore tree with 55 short buried radials (2500 feet of radials)

RX Antennas: 3 small point fed pennants (pointing 40, 160, and 300 degrees).

Thanks to everyone that worked me during the contest, and I'm already looking
forward to CQWW-160 CW 2023.

73, Don (wd8dsb)