[3830] CQ160 CW AA4LR Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 30 18:50:33 EST 2022

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Georgia

Total:  QSOs = 160  State/Prov = 35  Countries = 3  Total Score = 13,870

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas:
15m Tall Shunt-Fed Tower
Half-size K9AY Loops

Equipment:
Elecraft K3/100 w/ KAT3 running 100 watt
Elecraft P3

Comments:

I just had Friday night at the Gwinnett County QTH to operate this one. Spent a
few hours handing our some Qs. Conditions didn't seem terribly great.

Call CQ some, but had better luck with S & P. The P3 makes it much easier
and faster to find stations to work, without missing anything. I'm finally
figuring out how to use it.

I was amazed at how many strong stations were basically deaf -- calling CQ, but
not answering their many callers, including yours truly.

It is a struggle sometimes, with 100 watts on 160m and a compromise antenna.
Called a lot of stations that couldn't hear me. Found PJ2T who was very loud and
called him for a couple of minutes. He was clearly listening on a VERY long
beverage antenna pointed toward Europe. He never heard me. Instead, he would
answer Europeans, only a few of which I could barely perceive. Perhaps, much
later in the morning, I could have worked him, after European sunrise.

I did work ZF, V3 and KP2.

Hope to be more active for the Phone portion.