[3830] CQ160 CW W9RE Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 30 20:43:20 EST 2022

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IN

Total:  QSOs = 1135  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 39  Total Score = 320,294

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I had planned a much bigger effort but several things got in the way so I
coasted after the first 10 hours.  Signal levels including domestic were very
weak the first night with Europe almost ESP.  I hopefully worked 96 Europeans
but with levels so low and possibility of 2 stations (me and a European) on the
same frequency I might have worked much less.  I will have to wait on the log
check report to see.

Had several good hours to start with 88 Europeans the first night and 8 the
second.

  HOUR  160CW    TOTAL   ACCUM
  ----  ------   -----   -----
   22     175     175     175
   23     129     129     304
    0     134     134     438
    1     114     114     552
    2      82      82     634
    3      74      74     708
    4      85      85     793
    5      54      54     847
    6      42      42     889
    7      27      27     916

Activity did seem down from last year.  I'm sure the bad wx on the east coast
did contribute some to that.

Thanks to CQ for sponsoring and thanks to all who got on with whatever they
had.

Antennas here are a single 1/4 W wire vertical and 3 rx arrays.  EFBS circle and
2 YCCC arrays.