[3830] CQ160 CW KP2M(KT3Y) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 30 23:13:20 EST 2022

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: KP2M
Operator(s): KT3Y
Station: KP2M

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: vi

Total:  QSOs = 864  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 59  Total Score = 648,694

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My neighbor agreed to turn off his solar and wind generator power system during
contest hours this year. According to my panadaptor the peaks were reaching
-95DBM with crud everywhere at -110. The overall drop in the noise floor was
huge. EU signs were weaker the first night but I operated full time from dusk to
dawn. Night 2 they were much stronger down here but I only operated about five
hours due to other activities. 252 EU overall. My ant seems to perform better to
EU than NA. It is on steep hill roughly a KM from the ocean NE but much farther
to the W and NW.
73,
Phil KT3Y K3, 1.5 KW, Inv L (12m vertical with FCP @2m, no rx antennas

seemed sig sthe first night so the improvmenr in SN ratio
was a hug

The birdies were peaking at -98 DBM with broader noise at -110.