[3830] CQ160 CW W0AIH(K0TG) Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 31 00:55:18 EST 2022

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: W0AIH
Operator(s): K0TG
Station: W0AIH

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: WI

Total:  QSOs = 1137  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 32  Total Score = 250,624

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

The first night was pretty good.

For the halftime report I was at:
 QSOs  828
 Sect   57
 DX     27

Eu was not too bad, but there was a lot spotted that I could not hear.

It was disapointing to not work JA this year.  I need to look back, but I think
it has been a few years since that has happened.  First night they were really
light copy.  Just barely there.  Later I was hearing them better, but the west
coast was working them and I could not get past them.  They were not as loud as
they sometimes are.  2nd night they were sounding a little better, but not
workable.

It was another dupefest.  49 dupes this time.  Seems at times that is all I
work.  It did not help that I was spotted as WA0AIH.  THe station that spotted
me, neve worked me.  I moved, but the dupes kept on coming.  Usually they get
the H as an S.  But they are a creatinve bunch when you look at the errors.

Sections missed were:

DC, LB, NU, NWT, YU.   I saw a DC station spottted a few times, but he never
CQed from what I could tell.  He never stopped by for a chat eother.  :)

DX worked:

UA9, KH6, ZL, CM, FM, HI, KL, KP2, KP4, V3, XE, ZF, LU, P4, PJ2, 9A, DL, EA,
EA8, G, GM, GU, GW, HA, HB, IT9, OK, ON, PA, S5, SP, CT3

The only DX worked the second night was RM0F, GM3X, KL7KY, HI3AA, KP3W

I have been bringing the Flex 6600M out the last couple of years.  It is a great
radio for that band (or any band really :) ) Since I was last out I got a PGXL.
It is small enough to be somewhat portable.  Still somewhat hefty, but easily
luggable.  It was apleasure to use both together at the farm.

It is always a pleasure to operate on top band from the farm.  I am glad I am
able to do it.

73, John  K0TG