[3830] CQ160 CW W1UE(@W1KM) Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 31 07:41:07 EST 2022

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 19
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 1036  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 56  Total Score = 512,960

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station location was in the middle of the blizzard that hit Saturday; the
Station had high winds and a couple of feet of snow Friday to Saturday.  Lost
the NW leg of the 4-square about 6 hours into the contest; our guess is that it
broke.  As there was no way to fix it during the snow storm, I had to live with
it.  The reduction in gain and F/B of the array was noticeable; I was still
loud, but not as loud as normal.

Missed WY, NV, MB, and the usual northern VE provinces/territories.  Despite
numerous postings, never heard an OH.  Finally worked KH6 at my sunrise Sunday
morning.

Propagation to Europe did not seem hot for a lot of the contest, save for
European sunrise Saturday.  Sunday, in particular, was not good; it was a strain
to work virtually any European.  Continent breakdown for non-W/VE:
AF   1
AS   3
EU  278
NA   13
OC   1
SA   3

It was hard to keep focus Sunday; a rate of 20 will do that to you.  I wound up
sleeping most of Saturday night into Sunday morning, as I grew tired of endless
CQs.  Yeah, BIC is part of the game, so wherever this score winds up I still had
fun and kept my sanity.

Thanks to Greg W1KM for the use of his great station.

Dennis W1UE