[3830] CQ160 CW NN3W Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 31 08:40:58 EST 2022

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: NN3W

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: VA

Total:  QSOs = 916  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 39  Total Score = 266,556

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I always enjoy this contest.  This year was tougher with not the best
propagation to EU on Friday and miserable propagation on Saturday.  I also felt
US participation was off markedly.

Had an issue with one K9AY (my NE antenna) being totally deaf and with the SW
K9AY not being so selective.  This was a result of my failing to erect both
receive antennas until 8am on Friday and not having time to fine tune them.
Could not find my standard terminating resistors so I had to through my junk
drawer and found two 1 watt 470 ohm resistors from Radio Shack (the resistor
sleeve was close to 30 years old).  Upon inspection on Saturday, I found the
center lead from the SO239 was busted off in the NE transformer box.  Soldered
it back in place and we were back in business.

Missed WY in the continental 48 and went to bed really before KH6 and KL7 fired
up.  Just too tired this year.

Missing some of the normal DX that we often hear in CQ160: C6, VP5, etc.  That
reduced the country count a bit.