[3830] CQ160 CW K1DG Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 31 14:26:06 EST 2022

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K1DG
Operator(s): K1DG
Station: K1DG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NH

Total:  QSOs = 432  State/Prov = 38  Countries = 25  Total Score = 115,605

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

...to the tune of "Fire and Rain" by James Taylor...

Last week Friday morning, when I was packing to go
A big storm was forecast, packing two feet of snow.
The wind would be blowing, windchill of 20 below.
My island station looked like a bad place to go.

I've done 160 from an island in Maine.
I've had European pileups that were just insane.
With two verticals and saltwater giving them gain,
I wish I was doing the contest there again.

Won't you look down upon me Jesus,
I'm gonna operate from home.
With a much smaller station than the one up in Maine.
Maybe I can run some guys and have fun anyway
At least I won't get stuck out there in Casco Bay.

I've done 160 from an island in Maine.
I've had European pileups that that were just insane.
With two verticals and saltwater giving them gain,
I wish I was doing the contest there again.

Well the first hour rate, it wasn't great,
Same with hours two and three.
Way fewer Qs than I would usually see.
At zero-four Z, Europe was calling me,
But the QRN was bothering me;
It was right then that I decided to QRT.

Ohhhh, I've done 160 from an island in Maine.
I've had European pileups that that were just insane.
With two verticals and saltwater giving them gain,
Next year I'll be doing the contest there again.