[3830] ARRL FD NW8S 5A LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Jul 1 19:34:40 EDT 2022

                    ARRL Field Day - 2022

Call: NW8S
Operator(s): KB8O NA8Q K8ROX AB8M WT2P NQ8O KM8V N8YNR KC8KSU
Station: NW8S

Class: 5A LP
QTH: Ohio

  160:
   80:   507    202    129
   40:   769    967    107
   20:   500      8    246
   15:    33      1     68
   10:    23      0      1
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  1832   1178    556  Total Score = 13,558

Club: Black River Radio Ops

Comments:

Score includes 1650 bonus points

Another fun year running 5A from Lorain County, OH.  20/15/10 were not very
phone friendly for the weekend, but luckily CW did the job - at least on 20.  A
couple of shout outs:  WT2P gets the aware for farther drive, coming in from
Illinois to field day with us - best couple of beers we've ever offered to
someone walking past the tent at Dayton!  K8ROX sat down on 40 phone for about
20 of the 24 hours and racked up nearly 1000 Qs by himself!  And our elected
official visitor again jumped on 80m phone and ripped off 100 contacts.

I've seen a lot of complaining online about 1) the bands (yes, the upper bands
were rough, but such is field day) and 2) about the 1D stations.  I said it
before and I'll say it again - I'm loving having all those 1D stations on the
air to work and get into the log book.  For the past two it's like been shooting
fish in a barrel.

Hopefully everyone had FUN and I look forward to catching everyone on the air
again next year.

73 de AB8M
(For the entire crew at NW8S)