[3830] IARU WA3AER SOAB(A)CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Jul 9 21:55:40 EDT 2022

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2022

Call: WA3AER
Operator(s): WA3AER
Station: WA3AER

Class: SOAB(A)CW HP
QTH: Maryland

  160:
   80:    9     0       1       4
   40:   87     0      11      21
   20:  272     0      22      33
   15:  120     0      17      17
   10:   13     0       5       2
-------------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The objective of 500Qs in 12 hours was barely made. Daytime propagation here was
less than stellar on 20M. 15M pulled me through until late afternoon. The
after-dinner stint was spent on 20M (much improved over earlier), then 40M and a
few contacts on 80M (EU with my low, loaded dipole is a challenge for the ops
scraping my signal off their noise floors).
It wasn't until the bands picked up in the afternoon that the effort felt
worthwhile.
One disappointment was hearing the S.Korea HQ station and not being able to make
the contact. That would have been a first.
Nice to work so many friends. I think that and my personal goal was what kept my
BIC...and my back is really tired now.

73, tnx for the Qs and for digging me outtta the mud!
---
Ted   WA3AER