[3830] IARU K7HKR SOABSSB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 10 09:20:13 EDT 2022

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2022

Call: K7HKR
Operator(s): K7HKR
Station: K7HKR

Class: SOABSSB LP
QTH: AZ

   20:          51     14      12
   15:          29      8      10
   10:
-------------------------------------
Total:   0      80     22      22  Total Score = 10,032

2 loaded elements on 20m and 3 el on 15m, both on short beams at around 20ft,
IC-7300, 100W, from AZ

I put up my 15m and 20m antennas on separate masts which meant that the 20m was
fixed to the east-northeast.  I worked a lot of EU on both 15 and 20, a sparse
sampling of SA, and Australia off the back of the 20m antenna.  D4K was my sole
AF.  But, no Japan on either band, so I uncharacteristically missed AS.

Pileups prevented me from taking as much advantage of conditions as I would have
liked.  My goal progressed from beating last year’s score to reaching 10,000
points.  I had to get back on during the last hour to pick up one more QSO on 20
for that.  I tied last year’s QSO total but got more mults thanks to
conditions on 15.

This will be my last HF contest at this QTH.  I’m moving just a few miles, but
no more having my antennas at 20ft being blocked in all directions by trees,
buildings, and terrain, and hopefully not having to take safety risks to put up
and take down antennas all the time.  No big antenna farm and I’ll still be
running LP, but close enough to the top of a ridge to be useful, and I might
even be able to put up a 20-25ft tower.