[3830] IARU NT6Q(N5ZO) SOAB(A)CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 10 21:54:32 EDT 2022

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2022

Call: NT6Q
Operator(s): N5ZO
Station: N5ZO

Class: SOAB(A)CW HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    18            5        2
   80:    98           14        4
   40:   515           31       31
   20:   817           43       43
   15:   529           36       38
   10:    32            7        3
-------------------------------------
Total:  2009    0     136      121  Total Score = 1,706,223

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

It was 6th consecutive year operating this contest from this station in same
SOAB Assisted CW only HP category.  While there have been few changes at station
main tools have remained same at this not-designed-for-DX-contesting station in
recent years.  I was able to increase ~1.4M personal best from last year to new
personal best ~1.7M.  Comparing to last year I actually made 25 less Qs this
year but I have slightly better Pt/QSO and 28 more multipliers.  This is mainly
due to much better 15 m than last year, with some loss on 40 m due to time spent
on higher bands.  I have about same amount of Japan in my log as last year, but
still only 39 JA Qs on 15 m vs zero last year on that band.  Maybe I missed
something but I was there trying to get 15 m JA run going multiple times and it
was just not happening. On the other side from European ITU zones 28 and 29 I
worked about twice the amount of QSOs that I did last year.  Still ability to
run Europeans is very limited from station of this size from West coast and any
EU runs were just short bursts.  Oftentimes it is more effective to just work
all spots from bandmap.  It was great to have problem of having all bands 40, 20
and 15 open in same time for hours and hours, although during early afternoon
Saturday things were not looking that hot.  I actually told my wife that
conditions were quite bad around the time I was eating lunch, to only tell her
at dinner time that bands were hotter than I had heard in years and I needed to
eat at radio...  This is great contest to operate assisted and chase all those
HQ spots down.  And live scoreboard kept things interesting.  Tnx for QSOs and
73 de Marko N5ZO