[3830] IARU OH2HQ Headquarters HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 11 03:51:37 EDT 2022

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2022

Call: OH2HQ
Operator(s): OH1JD OH2BCI OH2BH OH2BU OH2GEK OH2MM OH3RB OH5BM OH5CZ OH5LLR OH6BG OH6GDX OH6KZP OH6MW OH6NVC OH6QU OH6UM OH6XX OH7CW OH7WP OH7WV OH8LQ UR8UQ
Station: OH2HQ

Class: Headquarters HP
QTH: Finland

  160:   289    209    11       26
   80:   620    594    24       32
   40:  1430    987    38       45
   20:  1738   1774    50       56
   15:  1489   1729    53       60
   10:  1152   1175    33       42
-------------------------------------
Total:  6718   6468   209      261  Total Score = 20,415,860

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

This year the "Land of the Midnight Sun" hit the IARU HQ airwaves with
a team of 23 operators and 12 stations, spread throughout mainland Finland
(OH2HQ) and the Åland Islands (OH0HQ on 40m CW).

The new solar cycle is beginning to show its magic, with 15m and 10m waking up
in increasing fashion even here at our northern latitudes. All stations were
networked with DXLog.net, creating an enjoyable M/M atmosphere that enabled
smooth adjustments when needed. A WhatsApp group functioned as a communication
backup and enabled more relaxed chit chat and the sharing of photos.

On the flipside, we were plagued by some summer thunderstorms, requiring brief
QRTs by some slots and thus frequent use of our backup station system; thanks
especially to Ville OH1JD for standing by! Throw in also a blown amp and
sporadic networking troubles.

The result is a new claimed OH record for which we are very happy. If our
penalty-% stays as good as last year, we should land at just below 20Mpts.

Thanks to all for the QSOs! And on my behalf as HQ team lead, thanks to all who
took time off from their summer duties to join the team.

On behalf of OH2HQ/OH0HQ,
Kim OH6KZP

OH2HQ/OH0HQ 2022 -- Stations and operators:

160 CW: @OH2BCI, ops. OH2BCI & OH5LLR
160 SSB: @OH5Z, ops. OH2BU, OH5CZ, OH6XX & UR8UQ
80 CW: @OH5BM, op. OH5BM
80 SSB: @OH1TX, ops. OH3RB & OH6KZP