[3830] IARU OL5Y SOABCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jul 12 13:27:47 EDT 2022

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2022

Call: OL5Y
Operator(s): OL5Y
Station: OL5Y

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: BKO
Operating Time (hrs): 23
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    24    0       5       17
   80:    38    0       9       23
   40:   187    0      15       29
   20:   543    0      26       33
   15:   507    0      33       39
   10:   161    0      16       23
-------------------------------------
Total:  1460    0     104      164  Total Score = 1,389,312

Club: Czech Contest Club

Comments:

A week before the contest I was on vacation with my family and came home 2 hours
before the race - tired and almost voiceless :-) So I decided for CW only. I
thought for a long time whether I would go assisted... Half an hour before the
start I found out that one tribander on a separate mast had a broken lead -
another loss added to the fatigue.
The start of the race was embarrassing, although I felt CONDX were good.
However, after a couple of hours things picked up and I was using perfect CONDX
on 15 and 20m until the early hours. However, I felt that there were fewer
stations from the US than there could have been - the signals even from the west
coast were incredibly strong. I haven't heard any stations from the US/CA on
160m. I couldn't stand it in the morning and went to rest for an hour. The
morning wasn't so good, although there were still workable stations from the US,
right up to the end of the contest. It was a great race!
Thank you all for calling me or answering my call!
73! Martin, OL5Y

Radios: SunSDR MB1 and IC-756 (1st version)
Accessories: excellent rotor controller microHAM ARCO, MK2R+, Station masters,
Stack master, switches...
ANT:
160: Inv. V @ 19m (63 ft.)
80: Inv. V @ 19m