[3830] CWopsT OH5ZA(OH1ZAA) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jul 13 16:22:46 EDT 2022

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1900Z Jul 13

Call: OH5ZA
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH5ZA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KP21SA

Total:  54  Mults = 42  Total Score = 2,268

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

The Aurora tapered down from the 1300Z session.
X-ray flux jumped from C1 to C3-level at 1930Z.
On 14 MHz the VE's and W0's started to push
through. More Southern USA and Coast was weak.

As most of USA is screened by the apartment,
given the SW-sloper, I am starting to suspect
that the 70 ft trees to the South may work as
a sort of diffuse dielectric scatter screen
or lossy partial conductors for the USA-
direction, fed by my one and only sloper
wire. The forest is quite transparent for
RF for the most part to the main angles of
radiation towards Europe.

I went to 7 MHz for the last few minutes. It seemed
busy so the first 12 minutes spent on 21 MHz would have
been more productive there, but just for the points...

Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA #1856 CWops