[3830] KRC SST KY4GS Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 17 21:18:55 EDT 2022

                    K1USN Slow Speed Test - Jul 18

Call: KY4GS
Operator(s): KY4GS
Station: KY4GS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 0:55

   40:   3      3
   20:  33     19
Total:  36     22  Total Score = 792

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Wow. I am in SC, and I can't believe how many GA, TN and NC I worked on 20
meters. I only CQed on 20 meters, because 40 was just noisy.

The evening started out with a switch being flipped (antenna to ground), so I
wasn't hearing anything. Once I figured that out and got over my panic, I was
late to the party and disoriented. Plus, I changed to a different key for
testing purposes today...

I started off grabbing 1 reliable QSOs on 40 and then 1 on 20. After that, I ran
on 20 and got 20 in 23 minutes.
When it seemed to dry up, I worked 6 on 20, 1 on 40 and back to get 1 on 20.
Then I ran for 7 minutes and got 5.
1 S&P on 20 and back to 40 for another 1.

In summary, I CQed for 30 minutes and got 25 out of my 36. So yes, I did well
running tonight. I got several friends and some of my students, so that was
nice. I shouldn't have given up so quickly when I thought it "dried
up."

Conditions were weird, or at least I thought so.
20 meters got me (my state) SC GA TN NC AL FL KS MA OK AR TX OR CO WA NY CT ON
BC.
40 meters was only 3 of my 36 contacts (AL NC ON).