[3830] NAQP RTTY KI6DY M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 18 19:45:59 EDT 2022

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: KI6DY
Operator(s): KI6DY K8RGI
Station: KI6DY

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 8:46

   10:    6     3
-------------------
Total:  500   138  Total Score = 69,000

Club:

Team:

Comments:

This was a semi-casual M2 effort with a long lost acquaintance, Bob K8RGI. Bob
hired me, at the time a high school student, to assemble PCBs for his start-up
electronics company in 1980. At the time we never knew that each other was a
ham. Over 40 years later I ran into him on FT8. We had a visit and he invited me
to his club's field day where I operated one of the digital stations for W8BM. I
had a blast and subsequently invited him to operate with me at my station during
NAQP RTTY.

As for the actual contest, 15/10 were a bit disappointing considering the solar
numbers. 20 was open way longer than in the recent past. 40/80 were surprisingly
usable considering thunderstorms were predicted for the area. We had fun, caught
up on alot things and I got some valuable input as to ways I could possibly
improve my station ergonomically. I think I taught Bob a few N1MM tricks that
will make operating RTTY more enjoyable for him in the future. I'm sure we will
try this again.

73 de Bob (KI6DY)