[3830] CQWW VHF W3HKK SOSB/6 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jul 20 13:04:26 EDT 2022

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2022

Call: W3HKK
Operator(s): W3HKK
Station: W3HKK

Class: SOSB/6 HP
QTH: OH

    6:  54     33
    2:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  54     33  Total Score = 1,782

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Made 45 Q's during the first  1:45 of contest to stns in the SE USA for a
promising start!

Then a few spurts into New England.  Then    ....crickets.  Band never opened up
again to central OH.  Sat night and all day Sun= zip.  nada.

This was the worst propagation of  my past four CQWWVHF tests, and my past five
ARRLVHF tests.

W3HKK Station: IC7610-ACOM 1000 - 5 el yagi at 15 ft. N1MM+ logger.  ANALOG
entry on cw/ssb.  Surprisingly had 49 loud SSB and only 5 CW Q's.

PS  My local  digital  buddies   made about the same number of Q's before giving
up.
So even the digital "edge" didnt matter in central OH.