[3830] IOTA OH0R(OH2PM) SO24CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 31 11:24:50 EDT 2022

                    IOTA Contest - 2022

Call: OH0R
Operator(s): OH2PM
Station: OH0R

Class: SO24CW HP
QTH: KP00LJ

   80:   153      32      0        0
   40:   373      52      0        0
   20:   713      76      0        0
   15:   406      46      0        0
   10:   333      29      0        0
Total:  1978     235      0        0  Total Score = 3,532,050

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

IOTA has not been my favorite contests. but it was a great fun. On Sunday the
bands were in quite good shape.
The station has hardly been used during the covid-19 period and it needs major
maintenance.
I could not use 10 and 15 meter stacked yagi-antennas because the tower rotor
was stuck and I was unable to fix it although I tried until late midnight.  The
lower 20 antenna in the main tower was damaged in the winter storms. It took me
3 hours to climb to 35 m level and disconnect the lower antenna from serial
stack match and connect the upper one to the station line. It was not easy to
remove old adhesive tape from the cables and connector. I am really getting
slow, but safety first.
After the  heavy tower work during the previous night and in order to avoid
cramp I had to do gymnastics every now and then during the contest. In the
contest I also took several breaks to warm up my meals and make coffee.
It was no holiday style as some DX-peditioners say. I did just the best I could
do, but safety first.
It is sad to say that nowadays contesting is more or less just for fun. I was
delighted to log at least two other old timers, K3ZO and S59AA, both also on 80
meters. Possibly many others, but those two I have met also in person, Franc
2002 in Helsinki WRTC 2002 and Fred in Dayton.
The score is about what I was expecting. Certainly at least 15% more QSOs and
multipliers were available for capable operator but not for me this time.
As far as I can remember this was my first IOTA from an island QTH, a very nice
experience.
Looking forward to the next one.
Thanks for the QSOs and keep safe.

73 de Pertti, OH2PM